1. What data we have and why we have it.
Company No9 collect and use certain information about the people we come into contact with, in order to carry out our work and serve our clients to the best of our ability. This personal information is collected and dealt with as set out in the GDPR.
The data we collect and store is:
- First, last name and title* so that we can address you personally in our communications
- Email address so we can provide in an environmentally friendly way to share information about events to our customers
- Physical address so that we can locate your premises for deliveries.
- Telephone numbers so we can contact you regarding furniture orders.
2. Data Controller
Company No9 is the Data Controller under the GDPR, which means that it determines what purposes personal information held and will be used for. It is also responsible for notifying the Information Commissioner of the data it holds or is likely to hold, and the general purposes that this data will be used for.
Company No9 has taken steps to ensure its infrastructure complies with the Cyber Essentials certification of Information technology systems.
Company No9 locates its data in a secure protected and encrypted environment. It does not share data with other agencies apart from those outlined in the footnote below.
Company No9 intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
Company No9 will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
- Shall be accurate and kept up to date,
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary,
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information,
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the UK.
4 . Data collection
Informed consent is when
- An Individual/Customer clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with, the possible consequences of them agreeing or refusing the proposed use of the data
- And then gives their consent.
Company No9 will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form.
When collecting data,Company No9 will ensure that the Individual/Customer
- Clearly understands why the information is needed
- Understands what it will be used for and what the consequences are should the Individual/Customer decide not to give consent to processing
- As far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed
- Is, as far as reasonably practicable, competent enough to give consent and has given so freely without any duress
- Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
5. Data Storage
Information and records relating to customers will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised staff and sub contractors (limited to task in progress).
Information will be stored only for as long as it is needed or required by statute and in line with the rules/ regulations and guidelines of our regulating bodies. It will be disposed of appropriately.
It is Company No9’s responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
6. Data access and accuracy
All Individuals/Customers have the right to access the information Company No9 holds about them. Company No9 will also take reasonable steps ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes.
In addition,Company No9 will ensure that:
- It has a Data Protection Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection
- Everyone processing personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately trained to do so
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately supervised
- Anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
- It deals promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
- It describes clearly how it handles personal information
- It will regularly review and audit the ways it holds, manages and uses personal information
- It regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information
- All staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998.
In case of any queries or questions in relation to this policy please contact
Chris Tel 01457 237160 or email@example.com